According to Business Ethics|The Magazine of Corporate Responsibility, The Walt Disney Company is at the top of the Corporate Social Responsibility List as of 2009. Throughout Disney's corporate website, there are plenty of pages concerning their ethical behavior and social responsibility:
The Walt Disney Company has become so social responsible that it has even expanded to Green Marketing which is the development and marketing of products designed to minimize negative effects on the physical environment or to improve the environment. They have many pages on their website dealing with "Going Green" varying from giving children and adults helpful tips on how to help the environment, to fun and exciting projects that are competitive and rewarding.
- Get Involved in Conservation - Protecting the planet and conserving nature takes everyone to get involved. Join with Disney to make a difference.
- Disney Friends for Change: Project Green - An innovative multi-platform on Disney Channel, Radio Disney, and Disney.com that invites young people to join together to help the planet.
- Disney Planet Challenge - A project-based learning competition designed for 4th - 6th grade classrooms enabling teachers to engage and empower their students in environmental stewardship.
- Disney Worldwide Conservation Fund - Supports the important work of both local and global nonprofit organizations to positively impact wildlife, ecosystems and the communities so closely linked to their survival.
- Recycle Plastic Bags - Disney's eco-friendly shopping bag program designed to reduce plastic bag waste.
- The Green Standard - Aimed at reducing the company's operational impact on the environment, the Green Standard asks that every Cast Member and employee make simple environmentally minded changes in four key areas: work space, meetings and events, travel and dining.